This special limited edition embossed slipcover (designed by Earl Kessler Jr.) is limited to 8,000 units!
In the not too distant future, the crew of the spaceship Shenandoah make an unsettling discovery after landing at an archeological dig site on the Saturn moon Titan: another craft, of German origin, has already landed but its crew appears to have vanished save for hotheaded Captain Hans Hofner, who seems to be hiding something about the mysterious disappearances aboard the craft. But it’s not long before the truth is revealed, in the form of a giant, prehistoric alien which intends to eat, and absorb the essences of all humans...
A low-budget but very high ambition slice of mid-80s science-fiction/horror, William Malone’s (Scared to Death) CREATURE juxtaposes bloody alien killings with a madcap starring performance from the great Klaus Kinski (Nosferatu the Vampyre, Fitzcarraldo) alongside veteran TV actor Stan Ivar (TV’s Little House on the Prairie), Wendy Schaal (Innerspace), Lyman Ward (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off), and Diane Salinger (Pee-wee’s Big Adventure). Featuring outstanding special effects work from genre legends Doug Beswick (Ticks) and Michael McCracken (Silver Bullet) and highly atmospheric cinematography by Harry Mathias (The Right Stuff), Vinegar Syndrome is proud to present the Blu-ray debut of CREATURE, newly restored in 4K from its original camera negative and presented in both its theatrical and TITAN FIND director's cut.
directed by: William Malone
starring: Klaus Kinski, Stan Ivar, Wendy Schaal, Lyman Ward, Diane Salinger
1985 / 95min & 100min / 2.35:1 / English Stereo
• Region A Blu-ray
• CREATURE: newly scanned & restored in 4k from its 35mm original camera negative. TITAN FIND: newly scanned and restored in 2k from a 35mm archival print.
• Alternate feature length TITAN FIND director's cut
• "Finding Titan: The Making of Creature" - an extended making-of documentary featuring: special effects artist Doug Beswick alongside actors Stan Ivar, Lyman Ward, Diane Salinger and Marie Laurin
• "Space on a Budget" - an interview with director William Malone
• Commentary track with The Hysteria Continues!
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles